Ras Malai Cake
Ras malai cake is a very decadent fusion cake recipe, which tastes heavenly with the Indian flours.
If you are a sweet lover you should definately try this recipe you would love it.
- For cake:
- 1 Cup condensed milk
- ½ Cup oil + butter (1/4 cup each or you can use anyone of these )
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup plain flour(Maida)
- ½ tspn baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ½ Cup milk
- few saffron strings soaked in water for half an hour
- 3-4 crushed cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- For icing :
- two Cup double cream or any whipping cream
- 5 to 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- few saffron string soaked in milk
- For garnishing :
- few rasmalai pieces
- rabri from rasmalai to moisten the cake
- dried rose petals
- chopped Pistachios
- In a mixing bowl take condensed milk oil ,butter and sugar .mix it well to fully incorporate .
- Now add plain flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt,Passing through the sieve. add half of the dry ingredients .mix it well.sieve the remaining and add milk in between to make a smooth better .
- Add soaked saffron and cardamom to flavour the cake .add more milk to adjust the consistency if required .
- Lastly add the vinegar and mix it well .Transfer it to a greased baking tin .
- now bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 20-30 minutes Or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean .
- cover the cake with a damp towel for 10 minutes .after that remove the cake from the tin and let it cool completely .
- Beat the whipping cream adding powdered sugar to it until the stiff peaks consistency .add saffron soaked in milk to flavour the cream.
- after cooling down completely cut the cake take out the layers .you may get two or three layers depending on the size of your cake tin.
- Place the layer of the cake on the keyboard and and spread the rabri from rasmalai do moisten the cake .apply a thick layer of cream .Repeat the process for the remaining layers .
- now cover the sides of the cake with the cream .and smooth out the edges and the top .
- with the help of piping bag create a border on the cake .now make some small rounders with the whipping cream and please a rasmelai over it.
- garnish it with the dried rose petals and chopped pistachio.
Try this Easy Ras malai cake Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.