Mexican Bean Salad | Protein Rich Salad Recipe
This protein rich mexican bean salad, also known as three bean salad, is quick, easy and one of my personal favourite salads. This mexican salad is fresh, filling and packed with flavours. If you are bored with your regular salad this will bring your interest back with the amazing taste and interesting textures, it is truly, insanely delicious, you got to try this.
Salads are always a healthy choice, so it is a good idea to try different varieties of it. It will not only build your interest, but the variety of vegetables is also good for your overall health.
It is full of protein yet fresh and light, perfect on its own as a snack or for side dish for dinner. It can be a make-ahead recipe for potluck or dinner parties and could win everyone’s heart.
Beans are good source of protein for vegetarians or vegans. Being rich in protein it makes you feel full for longer, hence help in weight management.
The dressing not only enhances the taste but also helps in digestion of protein as it has lemon juice in it and the oil helps absorb the fat-soluble vitamins, so that you can make the most out of it.
Do try it at home and let us know how it turned out for you. Do not forget to take the pictures and share with us on facebook or instagram.
Looking forward to see your creations.
- 1 cup boiled kidney beans.
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas.
- 1 cup sweet corns (boiled).
- ½ large red bell peppers chopped.
- ½ large yellow bell peppers chopped.
- 1 medium red onion chopped.
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped.
- 1 chopped avocado.
- 3 tablespoon cilantro (fresh coriander leaves) finely chopped (optional).
- ---for dressing –.
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional).
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- Salt to taste.
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder.
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder.
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red chilli.
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional).
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional).
In a large mixing bowl, combine beans, chickpeas, corns, onions, cilantro and bell peppers.
In a small bowl or jar add all the dressing ingredients and mix everything well. Using a closed jar and shaking it makes this process easier however you can use a whisk instead.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything well. Chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Lastly add the chopped avocado and enjoy!.
- You can use variety of beans like black eyed beans, black beans, cannellini beans or even edamame whatever is available to you.
- This salad tastes best when chilled.
- Add the chopped avocado only when you are finishing the salad and ready to serve to prevent discoloration and mushy texture.
- Sitting in the refrigerator allows the flavours to develop and intensify, the longer the salad sits in the fridge the better it tastes.
Mexican Bean Salad Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Mexican Bean Salad recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.