Vrat Upma recipe will guide you how to make samak ka upme in easy way.
Samak is very popular during vrat ka khana or navratri food.
As always I will provide complete measurements and steps for your convinience.
Try these super cool and Easy recipes and share your comments in the comment section.
If you have any query regarding the recipe please feel free to ask through your comments.
- 1 cup samak ke chawal(washed and soaked for 20-30 min)
- 2 tbsp oil/Ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut
- 2 tbsp cashew nut
- 2 tbsp raisin
- 2-3 green chilli (chopped)
- 2 tsp lemon juice(optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak samak ke chawal in enough water for half an hour .
- Heat a pan and add ghee or oil to it.Add cumin seeds,peanuts,cashew nuts and raisins.Saute for few mins
- Add drained rice and saute well for 3-4 mins,then add 2 cups of water and salt.when it starts boiling cover and cook on low medium flame until all the water evaporates,it should take around 5-7 mins.
- Check if the rice is well cooked and all the water has evaporated.now add chopped tomatoes,lemon juice and switch of the flame.
- Cover and let it rest for 2 mins.after that add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.Enjoy with curd or raita
- Apply butter on a hot pan and toast the burger bun to make crisp and golden.This step is optional.
- Salt as per your taste
Try this Easy Vrat Upma Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.