Hariyali Poha | Green Masala Poha | Harabhara Poha
Hariyali Poha or Green masala poha is an easy, healthy and flavourful breakfast recipe that can be prepared within 15 minutes.
It is made with beaten rice or flatten rice which is a good source of Iron and vitamin A and the recipe also includes lemon juice which has vitamin C that ensures the better absorption of Iron, so you get most of the nutrients out of it.
The vibrant green color of this Harabhara poha or green poha comes from freshly ground coriander leaves(cilantro) and mint leaves, which gives it wonderful aroma and flavour too.
It is not only delicious and healthy but also attractive, my kids loves it too with the lovely green color.
You can even add some more color by adding some pomegranate seeds on top which goes really well with it or some fresh coconut if you like. It can also be enjoyed as an healthy evening snack.
It is tasty and satisfying.
Jump to watch full Step by Step video for Hariyali Poha Recipe here on YouTube -> Hariyali Poha Recipe Step by Step Video
- 1.5 cup thick Poha/flattened rice/Beaten Rice
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (black)
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil (divided)
- 3 table spoon peanuts
- 2 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ---For Green Masala
- ½ cup coriander leaves(cilantro)
- 2 green chillies
- 5 curry leaves
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh coconut(optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Take thick poha and wash it well with water one or two times. Drain the water and keep it aside. It should turn soft after this step. To check, press a flake between your thumb and index finger, it should break easily.
In a Blender add coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chilli.
Add mint leaves, fresh coconut and lemon juice. Blend it with minimum water required to make a paste, keep aside to use later.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame, add peanuts and after few seconds add cashew nuts and raisins and fry them.
Remove it from the pan and keep aside for later use.
Now add remaining 1 tbsp of oil, add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add chopped onion and saute until they are tender.
Now add prepared green paste and saute for 2-3 minutes to remove little bit of excess moisture.
Now add soaked poha and salt and mix everything gently and Cover for 2 minutes on slow heat.
Switch off the flame and add chopped tomato, sugar, lemon juice and fried nuts. Fold everything gently and again cover for a minute.
Serve it hot or pack for the tiffin and you can garnish it with fresh coconut, cilantro or pomegranate if you wish.
- To make poha you can use medium to thick flakes variety.Thin poha is not suitable because it will get mushy.
- You can make this poha with red or white variety of poha whichever you prefer.
- When preparing poha after rinsing them make sure to check it by pressing a flake, if its breaks then it is good for cooking else sprinkle some more water over it.
- You can also add some peas or finely chopped beans and spinach to make it more nutritious.
Hariyali Poha Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Hariyali Poha Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.