Paneer Paratha | Multi Layer Paneer Paratha
Paneer paratha is a delicious indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour and paneer (cottage cheese) stuffing.
Parathas make for a hearty and wholesome indian breakfast. And adding paneer as a stuffing make it even better, giving you the protein for the morning.
Parathas are made in many varieties of stuffing and every paratha has very unique taste and texture according to the stuffing used in it. Paneer paratha is probably the most loved paratha among all parathas. It is mild and flavourful. To give this lovely recipe a twist i am sharing today the multi layered paneer paratha recipe.
It can be eaten with any chutney, pickle, yogurt, curry or even chai (tea).
- 2 cup paneer.
- Salt to taste.
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder.
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder.
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (cilantro).
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee or oil.
- For dough….
- 2 cups flour.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- Water to knead the dough.
Crumble the paneer or grate it.
Add salt, spices, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix it well and stuffing is ready. Keep it aside.
Knead the dough and take the small ball out of it.
Roll it thin creating an elongated circle.
Apply ghee over it.
Make cuts as shown.
Place the paneer stuffing in the middle portion.
Fold the sides to the middle.
Now fold it over.
Repeat the process again.
You should get a wrapped square shaped envelop.
Dust it with flour and press gently with your fingertips.
Roll it using the rolling pin.
Place the rolled paratha on a hot tawa.
Flip and apply the ghee or oil. Repeat on the other side.
Roast it, until it get the crispy and golden in color. Serve it hot and enjoy.
- It is important to knead a smooth and soft dough for the paneer paratha.
- I highly recommend using homemade paneer for this recipe as it gives the best taste.
- Cook it on medium flame to get the perfect crunch without burning the paratha.
- You can add chopped onion also in your paneer paratha filling if you like.
- Carom seeds or finely chopped bell peppers leaves can also be added.
- Some people also like to add black pepper.
Layered Paneer Paratha Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Layered Paneer Paratha recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.