Plum Juice Recipe | How To Make Plum Juice
Plum juice is a delicious drink made from plums, which are a type of stone fruit. To make plum juice, ripe plums are typically washed, pitted, boiled and then pureed or juiced. Cooking the plums soften them and help to release their juices. The resulting juice can be consumed as is, or it can be mixed with other ingredients such as sugar, honey, or lemon juice to enhance its flavour. The best part is you do not even need a juicer or blender to make this juice.
Plum juice is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin c, vitamin k, potassium, and iron. It also contains antioxidants, which may help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Plums are also good for digestion, so if you are suffering from constipation it will help you.
Plum juice can be enjoyed on its own or used as a base for cocktails, smoothies, or other beverages. It can also be used in cooking and baking, for example, as a glaze for meats or as an ingredient in jams and jellies.
You can customize your plum juice according to your liking. The thickness, sweetness and tanginess can be adjusted to suite your tastebuds. If you like the kick try adding some black pepper.
If you make this recipe, please let us know how it turned out for you! leave a comment below and share a picture on instagram and tag us. We would love to see your creations.
Click Plum Juice Recipe to view Recipe and see how to make Easy Plum Juice
Go to Plum Juice Video Recipe
Easy Plum Juice Recipe
- 750 grams fresh plum.
- 1/8 teaspoon.
- 3 cup water + more later to adjust the consistency.
- 1. 5 cup sugar.
- 1 teaspoon black salt or pink salt.
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional).
- ---for garnish.
- Fresh plums.
How to make Easy Plum Juice
Wash and pat dry the plums. Cut in to three pieces which is optional but recommended as it reduces the cooking time.
Place them in a pan along with some salt and water. Cook on medium flame until tender.
Once the plums are cooked well add the sugar and mash the plums. Let the mixture cool.
Now add the black salt, rosted cumin powder and chaat masala.
Pass the mixture through a sieve to separate the juice from the stones and peels.
Keep in the refrigerator and serve it chilled.
- Quantity of sugar will depend on the tanginess of the plums.
- Instead of sugar honey can be used as a sweetner.
- If you like you can flavour this with cinnamon, ginger or cardamom while its boiling.
- If not using chaat masala lemon juice can be added to enhance the flavour.
- If you like you can add some black pepper too.
- For some bonus point you can add few pieces of beetroot to give nice colour and get extra antioxidants too.
Plum Juice Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Plum Juice recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.