Kalakand is so decadent and delicious Indian sweet(Mithai). This Indian milk cake is moist, juicy and have delicate grainy texture with the delicious taste.
Easy to make Indian sweet and really quick to prepare as well. Unlike the traditional method this method of making kalakand is so quick and easy, yet it has all nice flavour and taste of traditional kalakand.
Kalakand is a rich milk cake. one of the popular Indian sweets for any occasion.The traditional way of making kalakand sweet is little long and needs constant attention. This recipe is a great replacement that saves your time and efforts too and you would definitely love this instant version of kalakand or milk cake whatever you call it.
In making Kalakand at home you can experiment with the flavours also. Traditionally it has cardamom or rose flavour but you can add vanilla or orange essence for fusion,even butter scotch also goes well .
I have been making this recipe since years and it never let me down. It never fails to impress guests and can be a great gift too. So lets get stared with my favourite recipe of kalakand.
- For making chena
- 2 litre fresh milk
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice/vinegar
- ½ cup water
- For Kalakand
- 1 tbsp Ghee(clarified butter)
- 1 ½ cup fresh chena(crumbled paneer)
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 8-10 Pistachio/almonds for garnishing
In a pan bring milk to a boil.once boiled switch off the flame and let it cool for few second.
In a bowl mix ½ cup water with vinegar or limon juice.add this diluted vinegar mix to milk little by little to curdle it
Once the milk curdle drain it and wash with cold water. squeeze to remove excess water.
Heat a pan and add ghee to it.add prepared chena and cook for 1-2 minute.
Add condensed milk and mix well.
Add milk powder and cook the mixture on medium heat for 3-5 min.once the mixture thickens and stats leaving the pan add cardamom powder ang mix well.
Spread the mixture on a greased tray.garnish with chopped pistachio or almondsand let it set.
Cut in to pieces and enjoy!
- You can use the store brought paneer but keep in mind its fresh.
- Use full fat milk or paneer for better result.
- While measuring the paneer/chena make sure it is tightly packed.
- You can also make the chena a night before.
- You can adjust the amount of condensed milk to adjust the sweetness you like.
- You can use homemade condensed milk ,I already have recipe for that.
- Instead of cardamom you can try using rose or vanilla essence for flavouring or even experiment with butter scotch or orange also.
- Do not over cook the kalakand, it should have soft and moist texture.
- Once done keep refrigerated and consume within 4-5 days.
Try this Easy Kalakand Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.