Amla chutney is a best way to have amla or Indian gooseberry to boost your immunity power. Believe it or not it is the best amla chutney you have ever had, you will definitely going to thank me for this awesome recipe.
It is not only nutritious but also too tasty and so balanced in flavours; if you do not tell, no one can taste amla in it.
Chutney, it is one of the most favourite condiments in an Indian kitchen. Either it is Spicy or tangy and sweet, there are a lot of variety of chutneys all over India.
Amla chutney is perfect for winters, when fresh Amla/Indian Gooseberry is in season. This chutney has spicy, tangy and slighty sweet flavour those are perfectly balanced. Along with the awesome taste, it has great nutritious value, as Amla is rich in Vitamin C, high in antioxidants and fibre, thus it is also diabetic friendly dish. And nothing goes waste, if you make chutney in spite of amla juice.
It is a quick and easy Amla Chutney recipe to make, that comes together in few minutes. So, when you see fresh amlas in market, buy it to make this tasty chutney. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Along with Amla I added fresh coriander and mint to bring the freshness and apple raisins to balance the tartness of Amla.
It can be used with snacks like dhokla, samosa or even dosa or idlies and it is great for any salad or chat as well. In my home every one enjoys it with parathas and chapatis as well, even the kids love it. So you have to try this….
- 8-10 fresh Amla / Indian gooseberry
- 1 Cup fresh coriander(cilantro)
- ½ Cup mint leaves (optional)
- ½ inch ginger (optional)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 Small Apple
- 3 tablespoon raisins(preferably black)
- 4-5 fresh green chillies
- 2 tbs peanuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- ½ tsp black salt (optional)
- Chop the Amla into small pieces and discard the stone.
- Roughly chop the fresh coriander(cilantro )and pluck the leaves of mint.
- Chop the apple,if you wish you can peel it,but I like to use whole as it has so much nutrients.
- Peel and roughly chop the ginger and garlic if using.
- Put all the ingredients of chutney in a mixer jar along with some water and blend it to a nice smooth paste .
- Adjust the consistency and cheque the seasoning adjust if needed
- Store it in an airtight container in refrigerator and enjoy up to a week or in freezer for longer.
- Do not add to much of peanuts it may ruin the taste of chutney.
- Instead of peanut you can also try almonds.
- For the longer storage you can store in in the freezer.
- If you do not have raisins you can use dates or jaggery.
Try this Easy Amla Chutney Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.