Crunchy Soybean Snack | Dry Roasted Soybean
Dry roasted crunchy soybean is a good source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. It is a delicious savoury snack which can be stored up to a month and only takes a few minutes to put together and let the oven do the rest.
Crunchy soybean snack is really high in protein, 1 cup of these will give you around 68g of protein. Hence, it is really healthy choice as a snack.
It comes really handy while tracking or travelling as it is light in weight and has a good shelf life. These are one of my favourites while travelling or on holidays as they are useful to keep your hunger pangs away.
- 2 cups soybeans (dried).
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed powder (optional).
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tablespoon oil.
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional).
Wash and soak the soybean in the water for around 6-8 hours.
Wash and drain the excess water and remove any loose skin if you see.
Pat it dry with a tea towel to remove excess water.
Transfer it to a lined baking tray.
Add cumin, chilli, fennel seed powder, salt and oil.
Mix everything well and spread on a single layer.
Bake in a preheated oven at around 165 celsius.
After 15-20 minutes give it a quick stir and pop it back into the oven.
Continue cooking in the oven until it gets crisp. It may take 35-50 minutes. You just need to mix it every 15 minutes.
Once it get crisp take it out of the oven and while it is still hot add the chaat masala if using. Mix well and let it cool.
When it is cooled completely you can store it in an air tight container and enjoy whenever you want it will stay good for up to a month.
- Cook at low temperature not more than 165 otherwise it may burn and you get the burned flavour and it may remain undercooked from inside.
- Keep mixing after every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking in the oven.
- For flavouring you may choose garlic powder, oregano or rosemary whatever you like. It taste yum without it as well.
Crunchy Soybean Snack Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Crunchy Soybean Snack recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.