Easy Shakarkand halwa
Sweet potatoes have enough of natural sugar and roasting it increase the taste and as well as sweetness. So sweet potato halwa or shakarkandi ka halwa can be a great alternative to any high calorie sweet.
This will satisfy your sweet tooth without adding any refined sugar.It is also a good source of fiber.
The recipe is so simple and really quick and easy to make. You can also add the flavours of your choice like cardamom or saffron or even vanilla. If you like more sweetness you can also add some sugar or jaggery to it.
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes boiled or roasted
- 2 tbs ghee
- 3-5 chopped almond and cashew nuts
- 5-6 raisins
- 2 chopped dates(optional)
- Chopped pistachio for garnish
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes or you can mash it.
- Heat a pan and add a table spoon of ghee.add grated sweet potatoes and roast on medium flame stirring continuously
- Once it is roasted well and comes together make some space in centre and add a table spoon of ghee in it
- Once the ghee melts add chopped almonds and cashew nuts.Roast for a minute and add raisins and let them puff up
- Now add chopped dates (if using).mash and mix it well.
- Garnish with some chopped pistachio and serve.
- add sugar as per your taste.
Try this Easy Shakarkand Halwa recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.