Red Velvet Fudge | Easy Beetroot Burfi
Red velvet fudge recipe is made without chocolate and any artificial colour still it will give you that creamy melt in mouth texture that traditional red velvet fudge have. It is also known as Beetroot Barfi, Though the taste is different from the traditional red velvet fudge which is made with white chocolate and condensed milk, but definitely delicious and healthier too. This recipe comes with all fresh and natural ingredients which makes it a healthier version.
As the name suggest this sweet should have velvety soft texture and red colour. I used the beetroots to give it vibrant red colour and fresh milk instead of condensed milk. To make it easier and quicker I used milk powder that provides the creaminess as well. This sweet recipe can be made for any special occasion like Christmas, Diwali or any party or get together and also can be wonderful gift to share the happiness.
The recipe includes a little cooking but to enjoy good food it is worth it. I am sure you are going to love this one. As we all know that beetroot is consider a superfood because of its nutrient content, it also have natural sugar in it. The interesting fact is that beetroots are also used to make sugar. So having beets in our dessert itself decrease the amount of sugar needed to make the sweet.
So lets get started with the healthier version of Red Velvet Fudge recipe.
Click Red Velvet Fudge Recipe to view Recipe and see how to make EASY Red Velvet Fudge
Go to Red Velvet Fudge Beetroot Burfi Video Recipe
EASY Red Velvet Fudge Recipe
- 2 medium size beetroots
- 2+1 tbs Ghee(Clarified butter )
- ¼ cup fine semolina (suji)
- 1/3 cup full fat milk powder
- 750 ml full fat milk(around 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar
How to make EASY Red Velvet Fudge
Peel and cut beetroot into small cubes .Place it in the blender along with the milk and grind it to a smooth puree
Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoon of Ghee in it. Add semolina(suji) and roast it on medium flame stirring continuously ,Until it become fragrant and slightly change colour .
Add milk powder and roast for one more minute .Add milk and beetroot mixture stirring continuously .
Add sugar and cook on medium flame until it thickens .stir continuously to avoid lumps .
Once it thickens to a fudge like consistency, it will start leaving the sides and will start coming together.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Ghee and stir well until it incorporates into the mixture .
Grease a tray with some ghee or butter and spread the prepared mixture onto the tray
Level it with the help of spatula and garnish with some chopped almonds on top. Smooth it out with the help of greased spoon.
Let it cool. Cut into square pieces and demould. And you are ready to indulge in the deliciousness.
- Use fresh beetroots to get that vibrant red colour .
- Use the fine variety of semolina to get the smooth fudge.Or if you have the coarse one grind it in to a mixer for few minutes.
- Use full fat milk powder not the dairy whitener .
- when you are pouring the beats and milk mixture remember to stir continuously to avoid lumps. it is better to bring the temperature to the lowest at this point.
- To save the cooking time you can replace half of the milk with condensed milk and adjust the sugar accordingly.
- You can store it at room temperature for 2 days or for a week in refrigerator.
Red Velvet Fudge Beetroot Burfi Video Recipe:
Try this Red Velvet Fudge recipe this Valentine and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.