Easy Suji Ka Halwa
Suji ka halwa is also known as rava kesari or semolina halwa is an quick Indian dessert made with semolina,ghee and sugar.
Suji ka halwa is made in almost every Indian house in all over India but the process of making it differs slightly.Suji halwa is also often made and offered as the prashad.
Suji ka halwa is also very good for growing kids as it has good amount of ghee which is good for bones and brain.Here we present very quick and easy recipe of north Indian style of suji ka halwa which will give you perfect result all the time.
- 1 cup sooji/rava(semolina)
- 2 tbs besan(gram flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Ghee/Butter
- 5-6 almonds and cashew nuts(optional)
- 10-15 raisins/sultanas(optional)
- 4 cups of water
- Heat water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Take another pan or kadhai add ghee.
- Once it heats, add almonds and cashew. saute for 2-3 mins then add the raisins. As soon as the raisins puffs up remove all the dry fruits and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the sooji/rava and besan and roast on medium flame stirring continuously until light and fluffy and starts giving nice aroma.
- Now add hot water,sugar and stir continuously until thickens a bit and comes together in nice consistency .
- Add roasted dry fruits and serve hot.