EASY Chocolate lava Cake
Easy Chocolate lava cake or molten chocolate cake is an easy way to impress someone and are super easy to make with this recipe that anyone can prepare within 15 minutes.You do not need any special tools and equipment like electic hand blender to whip up this cake.The recipe is so easy with simple ingredients that you may already have in your home. So you don't have to go to the restaurant to enjoy this chocolate treat.
Choco lava cake’s name derives from the its liquid chocolate center,which is so gooey and insanely delicious.This small batch dessert is so handy that you can enjoy whenever you have the sugar craving.This recipe will make two servings.,making sure you don’t overdo it ;).
Chocolate molten Lava Cake is so decadent rich and seems to be so tricky but here we came with wonderfully easy recipe with only 5 ingredients. It only take less than 10 minutes to whip this up which makes it a comfortably easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And the best part is that you can even make this better in advance and store it in the fridge and whenever you need it take the better out of the refrigerator 1 hour before baking it
- 55 gms semi-sweet baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 55 gms(1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 large egg+1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour(Maida)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt(optional)
- ¼ tsp coffee powder(optional)
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 225°C .
- 2. Chop the chocolate in to small pieces and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- 3. Add 1/4 cup of butter and microwave for one minute 30 seconds at a time or until the butter is melted. Alternatively you can use the double boiler for this step for this step.
- 4. Whisk until the chocolate and butter are combined well.add powder sugar,salt and coffee powder and whisk to combine.
- 5. Let the mixture come to room temperature before adding the eggs to it .
- 6. prepare the ramekins by the time.Grease the ramekins and dust with plain flour and remove the excess.
- 7. Add the eggs in to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well incorporated.
- 8. Add the plain flour and fold gently adding 1 tablespoon at a time. making sure not to over mix the batter.
- 9. Pour the mixture in to prepared ramekins .Fill ¾ of the ramekins and bake in preheated oven at 225°C for 10-12 mins or until the edges are firm and the center is slightly soft.
- 10. Remove from the oven and wait for 1 or 2 minutes. Carefully invert each ramekin onto a small plate and serve hot. For garnish you can dust some powder sugar and decorate with some strawberry.and its ready to enjoy!
- This recipe will make 2 servings if you need more calculate the ingredients accordingly
- Use good quality of chocolate for better result.
- If using salted butter than skip the salt in the recipe.its better to use unsalted one to get better control over the amount of salt.
- If you don't have ramekins you can use the foil cups or check the recipe video for DIY foil cups.Even a muffin tray can be used for smaller servings.
- you can store the batter if you need to and bake whenever you want to enjoy.Take the batter out of refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- If you are storing the batter in ramekins than make sure to line it with some baking paper.it will prevent cake from sticking to the bottom.
- You can even serve them in ramekins .
- You can even serve it with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Cherries or raspberries can be used for garnish instead of strawberries .