Malai cake is a quick an easy recipe and so scrumptious. Super soft Malai cake resembles a popular Indian sweet called Ghevar, if you are missing Ghevar like me you should definitely try this recipe.
This recipe is much more easier and you will enjoy as if you are having a ghevar, though the texture is bit different yet promissing.
Malai cake is so creamy and delicious that it just melts in your mouth. It is a Fusion recipe like ras malai cake. You can also say that it is an Indianize version of tres leches cake as it uses the milk in almost same way.
To make it simple and easy I made it without condensed milk and cream.
Please give a like to this recipe in case you liked it, also please share with your friends and family. I love to read all your comments and questions. In case you have any questions, ask me in the comments section on youtube.
- for Rabri
- 6-7 Cup full fat milk (1.5 ltr)
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- for cake
- 1/3 Cup curd
- 1/3 Cup oil (unflavoured)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Chopped almonds and pistachio for garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pan take milk and cook it on a medium flame stiring in between, reduce it to half.
- Once the milk reduced to half add sugar and cook for two more minutes ,then take out half of the milk and keep aside .
- continue cooking the remaining milk until it thickens like a rabri .switch off the flame and let it cool.
- To make the cake add curd ,oil and sugar to a big mixing bowl and mix it well.
- Once combined add plain flour,baking powder and baking soda, sift it and mix gradually in the card mixture .add half a Cup of milk in baches to make a smooth batter out of it.
- Grease a heavy bottom pan and line with the parchment paper .Pour batter into the pan .
- Now heat a Tava or a heavy bottom Pan .Once it is hot bring heat to the lowest and put the prepared cake pan on it .Cook it on a slow flame for around 30-50 minute depending on the height of your batter in the pan .Alternatively you can cook it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for around 25 to 45 minutes .
- Check with the skewer if it is done .Take off the heat or and let it cool.
- Once the cake is cool remove the butter paper and prick the cake with the help of fork so that it can absorb the milk easily.
- Now pour the thickened milk over the cake .soak it well with the milk and layer it with the thick milk (rabri) that we made.
- garnish with some chopped pistachios and almonds .
- serve it chilled.
Try this Easy Malai Cake Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.