Britannia Fruit Cake
This Britannia fruit cake recipe is eggless and so light, fluffy and delicious that it melts in your mouth.
Fruit cake is something that everyone enjoys either with the tea or as a dessert. Easy to make Eggless fruit cake is a perfect partner for the evening tea.
This fruit cake or tutti frutti cake is eggless and without oven,without any essence that can be made easily at home .
This easy dessert gives you ultimate satisfaction and does not need any frosting so you can save some calories too.
If you are a beginner in baking you should definitely give this recipe a try, this will not disappoint you.
Do not forget to share your experience with us, we would love to hear from you.
- 1 cup plain flour(maida)
- 1/3 cup vanilla custard powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup curd/yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/2cup + 1 tbsp oil (unflavoured)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp tutti frutti
In a mixing bowl sieve together plain flour and custard powder along with salt .Mix and keep it aside .
Dust tutti frutti with some plain flour .Mix well and keep this aside .
In a Big mixing bowl mix together oil and powdered sugar.mix well and then add baking powder and baking soda and mix again.
Add curd and mix well.mixture will turn frothy.
Now add half of the dry ingredients and fold gently
Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix to make a smooth batter.Mixture should have a pouring consistency if not please adjust.
Pour the batter in to a greased and dusted or lined baking tin.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 c or in a preheated pan over the stand and bake om medium to low heat for around 25-35 minutes.
Insert a toothpick or knife In the centre and if it comes clean the cake is done .remove from the oven or pan and let it cool for five minutes .
remove from the mould and let it cool completely
Cut into slices and enjoy.
It stays good for 3-4 days at room temperature or up to a week in refrigerator .
- If you are using corn starch instead of custard powder use some vanilla essence with it .
- you may also use other as essence like pineapple and orange in combination with vanilla essence to enhance the flavours .
- Do not over beat the batter as it will encourage the gluten formation .
- do not over bake the cake it may end in the hard cake if overbaked .
- If baking in a pan do not use the non stick pan ,It may affect the coating of the pan .Use the aluminium pan if possible for better heat distribution .
- You may also add some salt at the bottom of the pan for better results and even heat distribution .
Britannia Fruit Cake Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Britannia Fruit Cake Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.