Eggless Black Forest Cake without oven
Black Forest cake is classic dessert made with chocolate sponge cake and a rich cherry filling.
Black Forest gateau consists of layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with whipped cream and scrumptious cherries.
This classic combination of cherries and chocolate his always divine . And with the cherries on the top it simply looks amazing.
Black Forest cake is rich, delicious, chocolatey and perfect for any special occasion or celebration.
This is an eggless black forest cake recipe that can be made even without oven.
If you are a beginner this is a perfect cake recipe to start with.
It is simple and can easily hide your imperfections. It looks stunning and the flavours are absolutely amazing that everyone loves .
Recipe has very simple ingredients with perfect measurements that you can not go wrong with.
So lets get baking..
- ---For the Eggless chocolate sponge
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour(maida)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil(unflavoured)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder (optional but recommended)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ---For the filling and topping
- 1 cup black cherries,pitted (fresh/tinned or frozen)
- 2-3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 750 ml whipping cream or double cream
- 150 gms Dark chocolate
- 12-15 fresh/glased cherries with stalks for decoration
- First we will make the sponges. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease 2 x 8 inch diameter cake tins and line the bases with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour,baking soda and salt together, then add powdered sugar and combine.
- Add instant coffee powder and vanilla essence to a cup of hot water.
- Now add oil and coffee mix to the dry ingredients and fold gently. Make sure you add the liquid in two parts to avoid lumps.
- Divide the cake batter in to baking tins and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until springy to the touch.You can also check by inserting a toothpick in the centre, it should come out clean.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- To make the cherry syrup, put chopped cherries,water and the sugar in a pan; bring to the boil for 5-10 minutes or until the cherries are cooked well. Leave to cool .If you are using tinned or glazed cherries skip this step.
- Strain to separate the cherries from the syrup.Dilute the cherry syrup by adding some water if needed.
- Shave the block of chocolate using a peeler or by scraping the blade of a kitchen knife across the surface.
- To assemble the cake, level the tops of the sponges using a sharp knife, if needed. Place some strips of parchment paper around the cake stand(optional).Now put the first layer of the cake on top and moist it by drizzling some cherry syrup; then spread over a layer of the whipped cream, about 1cm thick. Top it up with a layer of cooked cherries.
- Spread a little more cream over the cherries, then top with another layer of cake, upside down, to give an even, flat top. Brush with the cherry syrup and cover with the whipping cream.
- Using a palette knife or flattening tool smooth out the top and sides of the cake. Put the remaining cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on the top of the cake and stick the chocolate shavings over the sides of the cake with your palm. Pipe swirls around the edge of the cake; place the reserved cherries on the swirls.
Try this Easy Black Forest Cake Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.