Atta Momos without steamer
Momos or dim sum are popular food of Tibet,Chaina and northern part of India, which now gain popularity all over the world as a street food and as well as in the restaurants. These have interesting filling covered with thin outer covering and served with a spicy sauce
Momos usually have plain flour as a outer covering but today I come up with a healthier version of momos which have whole wheat flour instead of refined flour that is why I call these Atta Momos. So this become a one more healthier version of street food .
This Momos recipe is so simple and equally delicious that you all gonna love .And You don't even need the steamer to cook these .This version is Chrisp from the bottom and soft on the top with the juicy filling .I also shared the instant chutney recipe which goes really well with these momos though it is not the traditional way of making this chutney but it tastes almost as good as you get in the market and saves time.
You can even experiment with the variety of Vegetables for the stuffing stuffing ,But keep in mind the vegetables you choose Should be crisp and juicy to get the right texture and crunch in the momos.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup plain flour/maida(optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- Water to knead the dough
- For filling
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 12 cups cabbage finely chopped or grated(I chopped mine using a chopper)
- 2 tbs finely chopped green capsicum
- 4 tbs finely chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- For instant Momo chutney
- 4 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic(finely chopped or grated)
- 1 tbs tomato sauce(optional)
- In a big mixing bowl take wheat flour,refined flour and salt.mix and add oil. Mix it well and add water to make semi stiff dough.Dough should be little stiff than a puri dough and soft than a mathari dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 20 mins.Prepare the stuffing meanwhile.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it.Add chopped garlic and ginger,saute for a minute .Now add chopped onion and saute well.
- Add carrots and cook for 2 mins then add chopped cabbage and capcicum.Cook it on high flame for 3-4 mins.
- Veggies should be half done not fully cooked.Now add salt and pepper. mix it welland cook for another minute.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped spring onions.
- Stuffing is ready let it cool.
- Knead the dough again and cut in to small roundals.
- Roll it thin using rolling pin
- Place the stuffing in the centre and shape the momos.
- For cooking the momos in pan heat oil in a pan and arrange the momos ion it.cook for 3-4 mins on low heat or until golden in colour.
- Now add ½ cup water(100 ml aprox) in a the pan and cover immediately.Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until the water is fully evaporated.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- Make the dough tight so that it can hold the stuffing well
- roll the sheets as thin as you can
- you can even steam the momos with the same recipe
- You can choose the variety of vegetables as per your choice or even the paneer, soya or anything you like for the stuffing .
Try this Easy Atta Momos recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.