Restaurant style chilli paneer | Easy chilli paneer recipe
Chilli paneer is a popular fusion recipe made with paneer capsicum and onion. This recipe yields one of the best dry chilli paneer recipe made at home. it will guide you through step by step instructions and tips and tricks to make it perfect.
it can be served as a party starter or it goes really well with noodles or fried rice. Though this is a dry version if you want to serve with noodles or rice increases the amount of sauce to make the gravy.
So next time when you like to enjoy this fusion recipe no need to go to the restaurant when you can make it easily at home.
- 250 gms Paneer cut in to cubes
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- For batter
- 3 tbs Plain flour(maida)
- 2 tbs corn flour(corn starch)
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of water
- Extra virgin olive oil 1-2 tbs
- Oil for deep frying
- For sauce
- 2 tbs oil
- 3-4 red/green chilli roughly chopped
- 2 tbs garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger finely chopped
- 4-5 spring onions chopped
- 1 medium size onion cut in to quarters and separated
- Mixed bell peppers cut in to squares ½ each
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs red/green chilli sauce
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs corn flour + water
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Take paneer cubes in to a mixing bowl and sprinkle some salt and black pepper.Toss it well and set aside for 15 mins.
- Make batter out of plain flour,corn flour, a pinch of salt and water.should be smooth and flowing consistency.
- Add paneer cube in the batter. coat it well and deep fry until golden,remove on an absorbent paper and set aside.
- Take another pan and add 2 tbs of oil,add chillies,garlic and ginger and saute for few mins on high heat.
- Add spring onion whites,red onion and bell pepper and saute for 1 more min.add soy sauce,chilli sauce and vinegar.
- Add corn flour slurry and mix well. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add spring onion greens and switch off the flame.
- Add the fried paneer pieces and serve immediately.
- Garnish with some green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot.
- You can add the amount of soy sauce, chilli sauce, green chillies, black pepper, sugar as per your requirements or taste buds.
- Instead of paneer, you can also use tofu.
- If you are health conscious you can even skip the step of frying the paneer or shallow fry it.
- If you have fried the paneer pieces make sure that you serve it immediately after adding it to the sauce to remain the crunch.Or else you can keep these separately and when you are ready to serve heat the sauce and add paneer pieces.
Try this Easy Chilli Paneer recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.