Healthy Chana Chaat
This is really healthy and protein rich Chana Chaat recipe. This healthy chana chaat or chole chat is high in protein Non-fried and appetising at the same time.
You can have this chaat even when you are on dieting without feeling guilty as it contains lots of nutrients and make you fuller for longer time.
It is one of the healthy high protein meals. You can also customize it up to your likings and preferences, choose the ingredients which you like and are healthy to make it much more interesting .
You can serve this healthy chaat as a party starter, you can snack on these or as a salad or side dish with your main meal .To make it more quicker you can use canned chick peas.
This healthy chaat is tangy, fresh, nutrient rich and so quick and easy to make just perfect for the summer season summer season ,Though you can have it anytime.
so let's get started with the recipe.
- 3-4 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 medium sized boiled potato(diced)
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or according to your taste
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 3-4 tbsp Chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
- some pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp Tamarind sauce(imly ki chutney) (optional)
- 4-5 Papri or sev (optional)
- If you are using dry chick peas wash and soak in enough water for 6-8 hours.Then pressure cook it adding some salt and a pinch of baking soda for 3-4 whistles.Drain and let it cool.
- Take boiled chick peas in a big bowl.Add diced potato,black salt,chat masala,red chilly powder and lemon juice and give it a quick mix
- Now add chopped onions,tometoes,green chillies and cilantro(corriender)
- Add pomegranate seeds and tamarind sauce and mix well.
- At the end add some crushed papri or sev to give it a nice crunch and enjoy.
Try this Easy Healthy Chana Chaat Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.