Easy Green Salad | Veg Salad
This healthy green salad recipe is a great way of adding greens in to your diet. This is crunchy, delicious, healthy and super quick and easy to make. This salad is packed with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats and is surely a delicious way of having healthy food.
Main ingredient of the salad is spinach which is full for iron and other minerals and in combination with that we have used the fruits which are rich in vitamin C such as kiwi, blueberry, orange and straw berry which help absorption of iron.it also contains healthy fat in form of olive oil and sunflower seed which help to absorb fat soluble vitamins.so you can say it is a perfect combination to have.
The recipe is so versatile you can add the fruits and vegetables of your choice. In greens you can add kale, rocket or other salad leaves. For fruits you can use mango, grapes, pineapple or any fruit of your choice or even onion, carrot or cucumber. Can also add flax seed of pumpkin seeds.
So here is easy version of healthy green salad with the proportions we have used though you can adjust it to your liking as I told earlier.
- Baby spinach 150-200 gms
- Cherry tomatoes 4-6 nos
- Kiwi 2-3 nos
- Blue berries ¼ cup
- Oranges 1-2 nos
- Strawberries 3-4 nos
- Salt to taste
- Chat masala 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1-2 tbs
- Lime/lemon juice 1-2 tbs
- Honey 1-2 tsp
- Dip the spinach leaves in salt and vinegar water for 5 minutes to remove any bacteria. Rinse and pat it dry.
- Roughly chop the spinach and transfer it to a big mixing bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes cut in to halves, chopped kiwi, blue berries, orange and roughly chopped strawberries.
- Season it with some salt and chat masala.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil ,lemon juice and honey for dressing.
- Toss it well and serve immediately. Garnish with some sunflower seeds to give the salad a nice crunch.
- Dipping salad leaves in slat and vinegar water will help removing the bacteria that can be found in green leafy vegetables.
- You can swich the fruits and vegetables according to your taste
- If you like spicy you can add some black pepper too.
- If you don’t like olive oil you can add sesame oil or peanut oil instead.
- You can replace honey with maple syrup or even skip that.
- If you are making this in advance don’t add the seasoning ,add it just before serving ,toss and serve immediately.
Try this Easy Green Salad recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.