Paneer Burger is an Easy and tasty way to include protein in form of paneer in your diet.
This crispy Paneer burger has Indian spicy flavour which makes it a finger licking food. You would really love the recipe and it is so Easy as always. If you love the spicy paneer burger try the spicy version that has spicy Szechuan sauce filling.
Having burger once in a while is okay and specially if you are having this Paneer burger which has protein in form of paneer it's surely a better option.It is not only kids favourite but also a better choice too.
You can even experiment with the variety of vegetables you use while assembling like onion, baby spinach, cabbage or even mango works really well.
So find your best veggies and sauces to enjoy the fullest.
- 300 gm Paneer
- ½ cup plain flour(maida)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp tandoori masala/garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder(amchoor)
- 1/8 tsp dry ginger powder(saunth)
- Water to make batter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- 3-4 burger buns
- 2-3 tbsp butter(optional)
- For assembly
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1-2 tsp chilli sauce
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tomato
cut paneer in to ½ inch thick pieces.Sprinkle salt and pepper and set aside for 10-15 mins.
In a big mixing bowl take flour, salt and all the spices .Mix well and water to make a smooth batter.
Dip the paneer pieces in to batter than coat well in breadcrumbs.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden.remember not to overcook the paneer as it may make it harder.remove and keep aside.
In a mixing bowl mix together mayonnaise,tomato sauce and chilli sauce.Mix well and keep aside.
Apply butter on a hot pan and toast the burger bun to make crisp and golden.This step is optional.
Spread the mayo mixture on the buns.Place lettuce leaves paneer patty ,cucumber,tomato slices and cover with the other burger piece and Enjoy!
- To make it little more healthier you can use whole wheat burger bun.
- While frying the paneer patty keep the heat on high so that the paneer will not over cook because if we overcook any protein like paneer here it may turn hard.
- You can customise this burger according to your liking by choosing the sauces like mustard or szechuan and the vegetables of your choice.
Try this Easy Paneer Burger Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.