Vegetable Manchurian or veg manchurian is an Indo Chinese starter where fried vegetable balls are coated with thick, spicy and flavorful sauce.
This is the dry version so there is no or very little gravy. This dry Manchurian can be enjoyed as a snack or party starter.
Dry veg manchurian recipe has become very popular nowadays. It is available everywhere like restaurants, street vendors or even a party menu.
Vegetable manchurian is too easy to make if you take care about few things. First the veggies should we chopped very finely If you have food processor or choppers this is the right time to use it to save time in chopping or use a grater.
Secondly the amount of binding it need has to be perfect otherwise the manchurian balls may turn dry out or if the binding is very less It will break apart while frying .
- 2-3 Cup cabbage grated or finely chopped
- 1 Cup carrot grated
- ½ cup French beans finally chopped
- 2 tablespoon spring onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (optional)
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- oil for deep frying
- ---- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp chopped ginger
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion(or spring onion whites)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp Vegetable juice/water
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander(cilantro)
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp of water
Take chopped vegetables in a bowl and add salt to it.Quickly squeeze out any excess vegetable juice with the help of a muslin cloth.After that add chopped garlic and black pepper,and mix in plain flour and corn flour.
Combine well to bind it properly.You can use little more flours if needed,just add little by little and do not over knead it.
Shape in to small balls and dust with some cornflour.Roll again to ensure it coats well.This step is optional ,but will ensure the crispy Manchurian balls.
Deep fry the Manchurian balls in hot oil on medium heat.Drain and keep aside.
Heat another pan with a tbsp oil,once hot add garlic,ginger and green chillies and saute for few minutes. Then add chopped white onion and saute for 2 more minutes.
Add sauces,vinegar and vegetable juice and mix well.Add the cornflour mixed with water and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously to avoid any lump.
Add spring onion greens and fresh coriander.
Switch off the flame and add fried manchurian balls and toss it well.
Serve immediately and enjoy hot.
- When you start mixing flour and corn flour add little bit at a time more flour will ruin the taste.
- While mixing the vegetable mixture do not squeeze the mixture too much as it might become very loose.
- Fry a few vegetable balls at a time, on a medium flame, until golden brown from all sides.
- It is very important to have the oil at the right temperature while frying. If the oil is too hot, the balls will burn from outside and remain undercooked from inside and if it is too low it will become more greasy and oily.
- As cornflour does not dissolve in water, stir the mixture well before adding it .
- Add the cornflour-water mixture slowly do not add too much at a time you can always add more later.
Veg Manchurian Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Veg Manchurian Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.