Paneer momos is an Easy and tasty way to include paneer in your diet.
Paneer momos are rich in protein as it has paneer in it and lots of flavour and nutrition which comes from veggies and carbohydrates in form of outer covering made with flour. Hence it is a complete meal.
Momos have become so popular now a days and paneer momos is one of them. Paneer momo recipe is so easy to make that anyone can try at home. And you don't even need the steamer to cook these .You can enjoy it hot with momo chutney or shenzuan sauce.
You can even experiment with the variety of Vegetables for the stuffing, But keep in mind the vegetables you choose should be crisp and juicy to get the right texture and crunch in the momos.
- ---For covering
- 2 cup flour (I used equal quantity of maida and atta)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil (unflavoured)
- Water to knead the dough
- ---For filling
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped or grated(optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed bell peppers or capsicum
- 2 cup Paneer (crumbled)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
In a big mixing bowl take flour and salt. Mix and add oil. Mix it well and add water to make semi stiff dough
Apply some oil at the end. Cover and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Prepare the stuffing meanwhile.
Heat a pan and add oil to it. Add chopped garlic and ginger, saute for a minute .
Now add chopped onion and saute well, do not brown.
Add bell peppers and cook for 1 minute.
Add chopped cabbage and cook it on high flame for 2-3 minutes. Veggies should be half done not fully cooked.
Now add crumbled Paneer salt and pepper. mix it well and cook for another minute.
Now add some soy sauce and chilli sauce if using. Mix well .
Stuffing is ready let it cool.
Knead the dough again and cut in to small roundels.
Roll it thin using a rolling pin.
Place the stuffing in the centre and shape the momos.
For steaming momos grease a strainer with some oil. Boil 1 -2 cup of water in a pan .Once it comes to a boil,place momos in strainer and steam for 12-15 min.
Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
- To make it little healthier I used both- plain flour (maida) and whole wheat flour, you can use only plain flour if you like.
- While steaming keep an eye on the water,if it evaporates refill.
- If you want to cook momos in pan without steamer check our recipe of atta momos to see how you can cook momos directly in pan.
Paneer Momos Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Paneer Momos Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.