Tandoori momos has become very popular now a days. It is an Easy and tasty appetizer.
It is packed with flavour and nutrition which comes from variety of veggies.
It is a complete meal that has all the elements like carbohydrates, vegertables and protein from curd and gram flour. It is a fusion Indo-chinese recipe.
Momos have become so popular now a days in many ways and tandoori momos is one of them. The recipe is so easy to make that anyone can try at home. You can enjoy tandoori momos without tandoor or oven and you don't even need the steamer.You can serve these hot with momo chutney or shenzuan sauce.
You can even experiment with the variety of Vegetables for the stuffing, but keep in mind the vegetables you choose should be crisp and juicy to get the right texture and crunch in the momos.
- ---For the dough
- 2 cup plain flour (maida)
- ½ tsp salt or according to taste
- 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Water to knead the dough
- ---For filling
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped or grated (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed bell peppers or capsicum (optional)
- 2 cup crumbled Paneer (optional) if not using add 1-2 more cups of cabbage
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
- ---For the marinate
- ½ cup hung or thick curd
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- ¼ tsp garam masala or 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander(cilantro)
- 2-3 tbsp hot mustard oil
To make the filling heat a pan and add oil or butter to it. Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chilli, saute for a minute.
Now add chopped onion and saute for 2 more minutes, do not brown.
Chopped cabbage and cook it on high flame for 2-3 mins.
Now add crumbled paneer salt and pepper. mix it well and cook for another minute.(if not using paneer increase the amount of cabbage)
Now add some soy sauce and chilli sauce if using.Mix it well .Filling is ready let it cool.
In a big mixing bowl take flour and salt, oil and mix it well and
Add cold water to make semi stiff dough. Knead well for 3-4 minutes. Cover and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
Knead the dough again for a minute. Cut and shape in to small roundals.
Roll it using a rolling pin, should not be too thin so that it would not brake while marinating.
Place the stuffing in the centre and shape the momos.
Deep fry the momos in hot oil at medium heat until golden brown. Drain and keep aside. Or you can cook in pan see the notes for details.
To prepare the marinate add all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl and mix well,
Add hot oil and mix well.
Add fried and cooled momos to the marinate and coat well. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes to absorb all the flavours.
Heat a pan and grease it lightly, arrange the marinated momos. Cover and cook on low to medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Once cooked from one side flip and cook on another side. Rotate the pan gently to ensure the even cooking.
When cooked well serve hot with some chat masala on top and enjoy with some salad and lemon juice.
- To make it little healthier you can use the whole wheat flour instead of plane flour. I already shared the recipe of Atta momos for that.
- While steaming keep an eye on the water,if it evaporates refill.
- For cooking the momos in pan heat oil in a pan and arrange the momos ion it. cook for 3-4 mins on low heat or until golden in colour. Then add ½ cup water in the pan and cover immediately. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the water is fully evaporated. flip and cook on other side if need to.
Tandoori Momos Video Recipe:
Try this Easy Tandoori Momos Recipe and let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to hear from you.